Home › Gold forecasts › Tuesday 27 October 2026
Gold closed Monday at $4,016.72 — inside the box we ranked first (a pause before the Fed), and its confirming number was met: the day was quiet by the ruler. So range, order and number were all right — the first time in two weeks. Today the ounce is at $4,035 (+0.5%), with oil down for a second day on Hormuz diplomacy. In Egypt, what we have waited a week for has happened: the implied trade dollar is 56.07 and the bank dollar 56.10 — the two have met, and the premium that stood at 1.2% on Saturday has closed. 21K rose 45 pounds to EGP 6,365. But foreigners are selling again: $663 million on Monday. And tomorrow at 2 PM ET, the Fed.
Spot now $4,035 · Trade dollar EGP 56.07 · Bank dollar EGP 56.10 · 21K in Suez EGP 6,365 ·
We published: 40% a pause before the Fed ($3,990–$4,050), 35% the liquidation returns ($3,950–$3,990), 25% the bounce extends ($4,050–$4,090). The close was $4,016.72 — inside the first. Right range, right order.
The first box’s confirming number was “a close between $3,990 and $4,050 with a daily move under 3% in Brent, 0.5% in the dollar and 0.10 in the yield”. The moves: Brent −0.8% · the dollar index +0.2% · the yield −0.02. All three well inside the limits. Our sources give different Brent levels (110.7 / 114.5 / 115.8 depending on the contract), but all agree the move was under 1% — so even on the reading least in our favour, the condition was met. Right for the reason.
This matters because it is rare: across two weekly tables (12 forecasts) the order was right only three times, and all three together (range, order and number) never. Monday is the first. The reason is that we applied Saturday’s rule to the letter: rank on behaviour, not logic. Logic said “a December hike means a fall”. Behaviour said “two days before a decision nobody moves”. Behaviour won.
Record: 51 published · 48 graded · 44 correct · 92% (the weekly call and today’s are open). Monday’s report → · How grading works →
At $4,035 the ounce is inside the second box (35% the pause after the liquidation, $3,980–$4,080) — $55 above its floor and $45 below its ceiling, with the week at +1.0% (its condition: under 2%). The first box, which we ranked first (liquidation, below $3,980), needs Brent at $118 — Brent is $114.2 and moving away. The third (the bounce, above $4,080) needs Brent at $113 or below — 1.1% away and moving towards it. So after two days, the weekly order is leaning towards being wrong for a fourth week. The whole verdict turns on tomorrow at 2 PM ET.
| Now | Reference | |
|---|---|---|
| Spot gold, per ounce | $4,035 | +$18 on Monday’s close ($4,016.72) |
| 💱 Trade dollar (implied) | EGP 56.07 | +0.12 on yesterday · banks 56.10 |
| 24K, per gram, we sell | EGP 7,274 | +52 |
| 21K, per gram, we sell | EGP 6,365 | +45 |
| 18K, per gram, we sell | EGP 5,455 | +38 |
➡️ 21K up 45 pounds to EGP 6,365 — from today’s counter reset (5:25 PM Cairo, with the ounce around $4,035). The arithmetic: the ounce rose $20 from yesterday’s reset (worth about +31 pounds) and the trade dollar rose 0.12 (worth about +14). Both rose together. The official price is at today’s prices. 💱 The implied trade dollar is 56.07 · the bank dollar 56.10 (the bank figure from Dr Mohammed, today). A gap of 3 piastres — the premium has closed. On Saturday it was 1.2% (trade 55.98, banks 55.30); on Monday the banks jumped to 56.23 (Souq El Dahab, 11:00 AM); today they eased to 56.10 and the trade met them. The question we left on Saturday (“either the gram comes down or the banks go up”) is settled: the banks went up. 📊 Dollar pressure (Monday 26): outflow — net foreign and Arab selling of $663 million in one session (Cairo 24 and Hapi Journal, Egyptian Exchange data). Sunday was a single quiet day (+$171.7 thousand); Monday the selling returned. The total since last Monday: about $2.5 billion in six sessions. And the bank dollar eased 13 piastres today despite that outflow — the first dip in two weeks.
| Ounce ↓ · Dollar → | 55.5 | 56.1 (banks today) | 57 |
|---|---|---|---|
| $3,975 (floor of today’s third scenario) | 6,206 | 6,273 | 6,374 |
| $4,010 (the first dividing line) | 6,261 | 6,329 | 6,430 |
| $4,035 (now) | 6,300 | 6,368 | 6,470 |
| $4,060 (the second dividing line) | 6,339 | 6,407 | 6,510 |
| $4,100 (ceiling of today’s scenarios) | 6,401 | 6,471 | 6,574 |
📍 Our gram at 6,365 sits almost exactly on the “4,035 × 56.1” cell. If the Fed takes gold to $3,975 tomorrow with the dollar steady, the gram is 6,273; if it lifts it to $4,100, 6,471. Raw metal before making charge, hallmarking and tax.
Covering the Tuesday 27 October session — New York close · the scheduled releases came out before writing, so the condition sits on the drivers under correction five (distance beside each number) · normal-size boxes
🇪🇬 21K in Suez tomorrow morning — on three trade-dollar assumptions:
Steady at 56.07: EGP 6,270 – 6,467, most likely 6,325 – 6,404
Up one pound (57.07): EGP 6,382 – 6,582, most likely 6,438 – 6,518
Down one pound (55.07): EGP 6,158 – 6,352, most likely 6,212 – 6,290
With the trade and bank dollars equal today, the first assumption is the closest — but $663 million left yesterday, so the second is not
far.
✏️ The pause is first for a second day, because it won yesterday and the behaviour has not changed. The bounce is second (not the break) because oil has fallen two days running and gold has risen two days. If the market proves us wrong, we say so tomorrow.
All last week the trade dollar was “ahead” of the bank dollar: 55.98 against 55.30 on Saturday. The question was: which one moves? The answer came in two days: the banks rose to 56.23 on Monday and eased to 56.10 today, while the trade stayed roughly where it was (56.07). So the trade was pricing the dollar early, and the banks caught up.
What does that teach us? That the trade premium (the gap between the trade dollar and the bank dollar) is an early warning. When it is above 1%, the bank rate is probably heading up. When it is zero, as today, the gram is priced “fairly” on the bank rate — and there is no cushion: any move in the ounce or the bank rate reaches the gram at once.
And what this means for you: tomorrow at 2 PM ET, the Fed. If gold moves $50 either way, the gram moves about 79 pounds. If the bank dollar moves a pound, the gram moves 114. And foreigners are still selling bills — so the pressure on the dollar is not over.
| $4,200 | The line and the weekly ceiling |
| $4,160–$4,180 | Kitco resistance |
| $4,100 | Ceiling of today’s scenarios |
| $4,080 | The weekly dividing line |
| $4,060 | The line between the pause and the bounce |
| $4,035 | The price now |
| $4,017 | Monday’s close |
| $4,010 | The line between the pause and the fall |
| $3,980 | Floor of the weekly second box |
| $3,975 | Floor of today’s third scenario |
| $3,946 | Kitco support |
| EGP 56.07 | The implied trade dollar |
| EGP 56.10 | The bank dollar today — the premium is zero |
| EGP 56.23 | Monday’s bank peak |
Today: a quiet day means $4,010–$4,060. Brent 113.1 or the yield 4.94 means above 4,060. The dollar 103.05 or the yield 5.06 means below 4,010. And tomorrow at 2 PM ET the Fed rules the week.
Tuesday: the data is out (durables and confidence) · the Fed meeting begins · after the Egyptian session: the
dollar-pressure figure.
Wednesday 2:30 PM: the advance goods trade balance and inventories · 4:30 PM: crude inventories ·
8:00 PM: the Fed decision · 8:30 PM the press conference.
Thursday 2:30 PM: GDP + PCE · Friday: the employment cost index, and the weekly verdict at midnight.
Monday’s close ($4,016.72), the spot price, Brent ($114.2), the yield (5.00%), the gold and Fed headlines, hike odds and the durables and confidence data from Trading Economics; the spot price ($4,035.70 at 10:28 AM New York) and technical levels from Kitco; Monday’s moves in Brent, the dollar, the yield and the S&P 500 from Investing.com; foreign and Arab trading in government debt ($663 million on Monday) from Egyptian Exchange data via Cairo 24 and Hapi Journal; today’s bank dollar (56.10) from Dr Mohammed Ahmed Aaref; Monday’s bank dollar (56.23) and market trade dollar (56.35) from the Souq El Dahab app, 26 October, 11:00 AM; the implied trade dollar (56.07) computed from our counter price and the ounce at the time of the reset; local prices from our own published price list, reset on 27 October at 5:25 PM.
This report is the English edition. The Arabic edition is primary and was published first, at the same date’s Arabic page. Every figure here appears there.