Ahmed Aaref JewelrySuez · since 1986🇪🇬 العربية

HomeGold forecasts › Friday 11 September 2026

Graded wrong

Gold steadies at $4,344 after testing $4,300 support — all eyes on the CPI print

A mid-session release after our report was published broke every scenario in it, including the floor of the weakest one. This is what that looks like when it is written down.

Spot $4,344 · −1.45% today · 21K in Suez EGP 6,280 ·

❌ Forecast wrong

Grading Thursday’s call — wrong. A mid-day release broke all three scenarios

We weighted holding above $4,400 in a range of $4,390–$4,440 at 42%, and even our weakest scenario, at 25%, put the floor of any decline at $4,350. Gold broke both and fell to test $4,300 after a strong PPI print late in the Thursday session.

US producer prices for August came in at 5.4% annual against 5.3% expected. That took the odds of a hike the following week from 58–59% to about 71–73%, and gold broke through every level we had drawn.

The lesson: a major release published mid-session, after a forecast has gone out, can overturn the scenarios entirely — even when the trend before it had been clear and stable for two days.

💰 Where things stood

 PriceReference
Spot gold, per ounce$4,344−1.45% today
24K, per gram, we sellEGP 7,177
22K, per gram, we sellEGP 6,580
21K, per gram, we sellEGP 6,280from 6,310
18K, per gram, we sellEGP 5,383

Down from a two-week high after the PPI surprise, with a test of $4,300 support before a partial recovery to $4,344.

Where the market stood before CPI

No set of scenarios can cover every possibility. That is a large part of why daily grading matters — not to prove we are always right, but to show how and why a particular release turns the picture over.

🎯 Our forecast after the CPI report

Covering the CPI release at 2:30 PM Cairo time through the end of the Friday session

38%Break below $4,300 → $4,258–$4,300
If headline and core inflation both come in above forecast and confirm the hike
34%Chop around $4,300–$4,380
If CPI lands close to expectations — headline 3.3–3.4%, core 2.4% — with no surprise
28%Rebound above $4,400 → $4,400–$4,460
If core inflation comes in below forecast

🇪🇬 21K expected in Suez: EGP 6,156 – 6,448, most likely EGP 6,216 – 6,361, assuming the currency holds.

Levels that change the picture

$4,536200-day moving average
$4,400First resistance on any rebound
$4,300Main support — the two-week low
$4,258Next support
$4,2206 August low

Breaking $4,300 opens the road to $4,258 and then $4,220. Reclaiming $4,400 needs a confirmed close before it can target $4,466 and then $4,536.


Sources and method

Trading Economics · CME FedWatch · FXStreet · TioMarkets · Vantage Markets · our own published price list.

This is the condensed English edition. The Arabic edition is primary and was published first, on the day, at the same date’s Arabic page — it carries the full commentary, the conversion table and the charts. Every figure here appears there, and nothing published has been revised.

← Previous reportNext report →All forecasts