Ahmed Aaref JewelrySuez · since 1986🇪🇬 العربية

HomeGold forecasts › Tuesday 15 September 2026

One day to the decision

One day to the Fed — gold consolidating below $4,300 at $4,282

The hike is fully priced. The tone is everything. So we are not betting hard on a direction before we hear the words.

Spot $4,282 · −0.36% today · 21K in Suez EGP 6,250 ·

✅ Forecast correct

Grading Monday’s call — the close was $4,311 and the consolidation held

We weighted (40%) chop below $4,300 in a range of $4,250–$4,310, with the market holding its breath and waiting for the Fed. That is what happened: gold touched $4,253 intraday and closed Monday at $4,311 — consolidation below the level, without the collapse to $4,215 that was our weakest scenario.

To be as fair to ourselves as we are hard on ourselves: this call is correct. The close landed exactly on the upper edge of our range, and the general direction — consolidation rather than collapse — is what we said.

💰 Where things stood

 PriceReference
Spot gold, per ounce$4,282−0.36% today
24K, per gram, we sellEGP 7,142
22K, per gram, we sellEGP 6,548
21K, per gram, we sellEGP 6,250from 6,240
18K, per gram, we sellEGP 5,357

Counter prices reset at 3:00 PM Tuesday with the ounce near $4,282. Session low $4,260, high $4,318; the market stayed open into the decision.

What the market was saying a day out

There is a difference between the hike and the tone of the hike. The market was already carrying the hike in the price. What could turn gold either way was Warsh’s delivery: hawkish and gold falls; a final hike delivered slowly and gold rebounds. That is why we did not bet hard on a direction before hearing it.

🎯 Our forecast from now to the Fed decision

Covering from now to just before the decision at 9:00 PM Cairo time on Wednesday 16 September

45%Waiting range → $4,280–$4,340
Retail sales may move the market for an hour, but the likeliest outcome is a narrow band until the decision — the usual behaviour before the Fed
30%Pressure before the decision → $4,230–$4,280
If retail sales come in strong or the 10-year holds above 5%
25%Rebound before the decision → $4,340–$4,400
Short covering before the event, or a retreat in oil and yields — buy the rumour before selling the news

🇪🇬 21K expected in Suez to Wednesday: EGP 6,150 – 6,270, most likely around EGP 6,250, assuming the currency and the ounce hold near $4,280.

Levels that change the picture

$4,340–4,360The stronger resistance
$4,300First resistance
$4,250Support
$4,230August low
$4,215The technical target

While gold trades below $4,300 the short-term trend is down. Breaking $4,230 before the decision opens $4,215 and then $4,150. A return above $4,340 cancels the pressure — and that was unlikely before Warsh spoke.


Sources and method

Trading Economics · CME FedWatch · IG · Kitco · our own published price list.

This is the condensed English edition. The Arabic edition is primary and was published first, on the day, at the same date’s Arabic page — it carries the full commentary, the conversion table and the charts. Every figure here appears there, and nothing published has been revised.

← Previous reportNext report →All forecasts